Sunday, July 20, 2014


From Cuba to America with Carlos


I came to the United States as a legal immigrant with my parents as a 10 month old child. My parents were fleeing their native homeland, everything they knew, everyone they knew and leaving behind all their worldly possessions to start life anew. They came to America to seek the freedom and liberties they had watched their native country lose to a power hungry charismatic leader. My father had been studying to be a surgeon and were starting out their lives when history repeated itself and a free and prosperous nation lost its way and the freedoms that they all took for granted and believed could never happen here were lost as Cuba became a communist country. I was fortunate enough to grow up in America where I learned that if you worked hard you could become anything your God given talents could take you. I became a naturalized citizen after the birth of my first child and it was a very proud moment surrounded by family and friends and a celebratory dinner afterwards. I went about my life like everyone else trying to do the best to provide for my wife and children. I had always been interested in American history and politics and felt that after Ronald Reagan and the United States had won the Cold War we had proven once and for all that our system of personal and economic liberty was the best path to prosperity.

We all thought that America and our ideals were safe and went about our lives until September 11, 2001. That's the day that our security was threatened and the American people decided to freely relinquish our liberties to the government. Fast forward to 2008 and the election of Barack Obama and Democratic control of both the House and Senate. I saw and felt that things weren't quite right, our liberties were under attack and I knew it was time to act. I wrote a book to try and help Americans rediscover their history before the elections of 2010. I have been politically active ever since as I watch with a profound sadness as I watch Americans' liberty erode, our government grow in audacious boldness as they break laws, flaunt their Constitutional authority and We The People are too distracted or fooled to care. My mission is to speak out to my dying breath to fight to bring this government back to its proper place and awaken the American people before it’s too late.

 

   http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sisterthundershow/2014/07/20/from-cuba-to-america-with-carlos

 

No comments:

Post a Comment