appropriate measures to abrogate our country’s membership in the United Nations. And we submit below a partial list of considerations which support this petition.
Some Reasons for Withdrawal
1. The United Nations was founded by Communists to serve Communist purposes.
2. The most important officials of the United Nations have always been Communist or Marxist who were working visibly and entirely for Communist aims.
3. Today the United Nations is completely controlled by Communist influences and outright Communist personnel.
4. The Communists are our deadly enemies who openly boast of their intention to subject the American people to the same form of tyranny now suffered by the people of Soviet Russia and of mainland China.
5. The communist tyranny converts every country under its rule into a gigantic prison, which offers security of an impoverished sort at the cost of all freedom. And the secret police become far more brutal than the wardens of any normal prison would ever be.
6. The economic system of Communist countries is based on the philosophy of scarcity, while the American system has been based on the philosophy of abundance. Our design calls for a million salesman to market the too much, where the Communist practice calls for a million ration clerks to divide the too little.
7. Life within these Communist countries is so shoddy, miserable, and hopeless that countless thousands get themselves killed, or sent to the horror of slave-labor camps, every year, just for even thinking about escape or revolt.
8. It is the obvious purpose of the Communist bosses, whom George Orwell called the Inner Party, and who now are sometimes called the Insiders, to use the United Nations as the initial framework for extending this cold blooded Communist tyranny over the total population of the earth.
9. And the longer we stay in the United Nations, the closer we come to the same fate as that of so many nations already behind the curtains. So we say Get Us Out!
The United Nations Ideology
10. The UN has completely adopted the ideology, purposes, methods, and Aesopian language of the Communists as its own.
11. In this system of “morality,” for instance, whatever helps the Communists is good, no matter how foul the action might be by civilized standards. And whatever sets back the Communist advance is immoral.
12. When the UN sent its “peace-keeping force” of cruel mercenaries into the Congo, for example, to destroy the very stable, peaceful, and comparatively prosperous state of Katanga, and thus to bring all of the Congo under Communist control, these mercenaries engaged – on direct UN orders – in the bombing of civilian hospitals and ambulances, and in spreading death and terror as widely as they could. This action was “good,” not “evil,” because the terror helped to carry out Communist plans.
13. Also, the highest UN officials lied brazenly to the whole world about what had happened until (and even after) the forty-six civilian doctors of Elisabethville, who had lived through this reign of terror, unanimously testified to the truth. Veracity, on the part of the UN officials, would in this case have been considered by them as “immoral,” because it would have been harmful to Communist designs.
14. To the United Nations hierarchy the world “peace” means, as it always does to the Communists, only one thing. And that is, for any area, a situation where there is no opposition to Communism. Otherwise, in their rationale, there would be no peace, but only strife or potential strife, until the Communists had subjugated the people. (Which they always call “liberation.”)
15. So all of this drive for a huge military “peacekeeping force” for the UN is a deceptive fraud. What the UN really seeks, and the Insiders of the Conspiracy are seeking for it, is to have enough land, sea, and air armament turned over to it, primarily by the United States, to serve as a sufficiently powerful international police force to achieve and maintain peace – meaning a complete subjugation of the people to Communist rule – all over the world.
16. In less tangible but even more serious areas of concern, there exists the same subservience of the UN to Communist “principles” and purposes. The Communists seek to weaken, and then eliminate, the three basic human loyalties: Loyalty to God, loyalty to country, and loyalty to family. The UN appears to move even further towards a final goal by seeking to destroy – or to subvert to its own uses – all religion, all governments, and all traditional human institutions.
17. The truth seems to be that the United Nations is operating as the tool of a Master Conspiracy. It is patiently using subversive long range strategy, through every conceivable form of dirty tactics, to lower the moral, economic, and military strength of the United States down to the level of the leading Communist nations. So that, in accordance with the well known master plan of the Conspiracy’s Insiders, the United States can be “comfortably merged” with Soviet Russia and all the others, under the United Nations as a one-world Communist regime.
18. And there is no practicable way to offset the separate effects of all the UN’s deception, pressure, and propaganda to that end. The only real answer is to pull our country completely out of this phony pretense of a “parliament of man,” and stand on our own feet again as to our own beliefs and purposes and principles.
The present outlook
19. The United Nations is not getting any stronger today. But, perhaps partly for that very reason, it is getting more audacious, and therefore more dangerous to the United States.
20. The UN is engaged in a continuous, lying, and vicious effort to destroy altogether the anti-Communist nations or governments that are left anywhere in the world. Outstanding examples are Portugal, Rhodesia, and the Republic of China in Taiwan.
21. But the UN continues to welcome as new members such incredibly murderous and foul Communist regimes as East Germany and Red China – the latter in flagrant and brazen violation of its own charter.
22. Because of the size of Red China’s population, it may be normal and permissible for Peking to maintain a staff of about three thousand people as its UN delegation in New York City. This means three thousand Chinese Communists whose suitcases cannot even be opened by American customs officials. It also means the end of all problems on the part of Chou En-lai in connection with transporting his enormous quantities of heroin into the United States.
23. The United Nations headquarters in New York City are known to be also the very headquarters for Communist espionage operations in the United States. And with Red China in the UN this situation will become tremendously worse. Why should we be so stupid as to help our enemies in every way that we can to weave the rope with which to hang us?
24. And why pay for it all besides? We have one vote in the UN General Assembly out of 135. Yet a two-thirds voting majority of that General Assembly can be formed out of nations which, all together, pay only five percent of the UN budget. While in one way or another our country finances about forty percent of the total expenditures of the United Nations and all of its worldwide agencies. Why should we be so stupid? Especially since all of that money is being used by the Communist United Nations, directly or indirectly, for the purpose of destroying the independence of our nation and the freedom of our people.
We have only scratched the surface of the reasons why the United States should revoke its membership in the United Nations. But even on this basis we earnestly plead with you to Get Us Out!