Sunday, December 7, 2014

Conviction versus Preference:

I realize that it is a Sunday and many folks are preparing to attend their local Church, some are just resting having already worshiped the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob on Saturday. Let me point out that I am neither preacher nor prophet, merely someone with a view of reality that may be entirely my own or may find others in agreement. Of this I know, America was founded on Biblical principles. It is those principles that are worthy of defence..., or at least the Founding Fathers thought so and I am in agreement with them.

I prefer my eggs scrambled. I just like them that way. It is my preference and I have never fought a battle to insist that my "preference" should be agreed upon and adhered to by all. I do not murder people because it is my conviction that Gods law should not be broken and I support the maintenance of laws that protect folks from those who would murder and render to the lawbreakers justice if they murder. The Law is Gods and His penalty is Just. The folks who represent God for my good and my protection render judgement on my behalf and Gods behalf and are convinced that Gods Laws are just. Our societal laws are based on our convictions not our "scrambled egg" type preferences.
Our convictions should be deeply embedded in something greater than our preferences and if the convictions are based in the laws of God, we have a good start. Gods laws were rather wise and numbered 10 in total. Within the content of the 10 a just society could be formed and operate. These formed the convictions that the Founding Fathers imbued the Constitution with. These 10 formed the solid base upon which many preferences would be based and many corollaries of these 10 helped to form an ordered and a just society. Note that it was Gods Laws that formed the foundation of all subsequent laws in the nation. Until the day we decided that Mans law would trump Gods. That day was the beginning of the slide into oblivion, nonsense, and chaos. The "form of Godliness", the look of righteousness, the appearance of justice, is what is left after we take God out of the formula for national success.

We are now entering the tragic stage in the national life where "Thou shalt have no other Gods before Me", is breached in the attempt by the leader of the nation to give islam the overriding and superior position to the Bibles wise and just base as the frame upon which all laws hang. "The fear (love, respect) of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", and substituting another for the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is folly and will lead to the death of the nation. Obama has set the nation on the course to its own death and it would appear that there are very few who understand what the convictions of the Founding Fathers were that would have them place their lives on the line for those convictions.

I prefer my eggs scrambled and my nation convinced to serve the God of the Founders.

No comments:

Post a Comment