Thursday, February 12, 2015


The American Washer:

 

Many of the simple lessons of life are such that they hold foundation principles that have application across the spectrum of our lives. My Mother was a practical woman who would not hold back in offering me her sometimes seemingly simple observations of the reality around me. I discovered that if I did not pay attention I would reap the benefits of my own ignorance and pay a price.

 

The summer of 1969 was the great "summer of love" and I, a budding hippie, desperate to experience all the "in and happening" things, grew a little goatee, and let my hair get a little shabby (nothing like the long hair and bear that I have today). My parents were not amused but I was off on my summer of adventure no matter that "the squares" thought that I looked like a bum who just might come from a bad background, and a family that was "low class". These were the sorts of messages that in my parents mind sent a message to all who would observe me on the street and in "the wilds of America". Other peoples opinions counted and their judgements were important to my parents because they reflected on "the upbringing" that they provided me. Nothing could be worse than being judged as "unkempt" and "ill mannered", like Kanye West ( I digress), or coming from a bad background.

 

 

But on to the purpose of this little missive. I bought a great T-shirt with a really great picture of Mahareeshi Mahesh Yogi on it. It was red and I just had to wear it immediately. Mum's quitet observation was "wash it now and let the color set", but don't put anything else in with it. You can guess what I did. I threw it in with my whites, T-shirts, underwear, shirts and went off to play stick ball in the school yard across the street. A couple of hours later I came back and moved my wash load out to the clothes line in our back yard (we didn't have a dryer yet). Needless to say all the load were a collective pinkish hue. Everything had taken on the color of that T-shirt. My Mother gave me the silent Scottish look. That is a mix of mirth and disdain. She said nothing. I lived with pink underwear for a long time.

 

The lesson learned that can be passed on is this: be careful what you add to the mix because all can be colored by the overwhelming and superordinate power of the bleed of ideas. The President of the United States is a clear example of how his world view is colored by his muslim marxist influences as a youth and commitment to them as an adult. We are living with the stain of it and wondering how things were so easily changed. We allowed it to happen. We put a muslim marxist T-shirt into the mix and wondered how we got a totally pink load? Your Mother could tell you the lesson of that in a heart beat. Don't ignore that lesson, embrace it and "go and sin no more".

 

- Dr. Jim Garrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment