Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Local Islamic Terrorist:
Over the past few years I have been in the habit of visiting a local downtown mall and ending up in a "ma and pa variety store". It is managed and owned by bearded muslim men who smile beatifically when I arrive and purchase a little this or that from them. Working part time in the store was a young man of about 18 years of age and often his friend who was training to be an immam, a preacher in the islamic tradition. Over the course of a couple of ...years I was able to ask pertinent questions about their beliefs and to chart the course of their comings and goings. This double whammy was an eye opener. All these folks knew about me was that I had been a High School Principal at one time and that satisfied their need to pigeon hole me into a category that they were comfortable with.
What did I learn from these young fellows? 1/ That mohammed was perfect and the most beautiful being Allah ever created in order that his perfect rendition of allah's message would be revealed. 2/ That the Koran is perfect and Allah's message to the chosen. 3/ That these young folks were going to Pakistan and Afghanistan for training each summer.
I enquired more specifically about the training each one received. The immam in training was learning more about islamic doctrine and had memorized the Koran. He also received military training. The other fellow was strictly trained to be military. I asked jokingly if they knew how to put bombs together and more specifically how an IED (improvised explosive device) is made and what to do with it. Surprise, surprise, they were most anxious to share what they knew and had learned. Two excited young men sharing their new found expertise with a curious and seemingly harmless "infidel".
Being the bold sort that I am I asked them how they reconciled killing infidels with living in a democracy like Canada. They stated clearly that the teachings of islam were above every law and that no law could bind them "in any country anywhere" unless it was Sharia law and that was supreme.
My last conversation with them was rather short as one of their Uncles was there when I arrived and inquired about what their feeling would be if I resisted their attempt to kill me as good muslims are instructed and if I decided to bring the war to them and their families myself. They dove very quickly under the cover of the fact that any action that I would take would be illegal and punishable to the full extent of the law. The Uncle jumped in and ended the conversation. It has been two years since I have seen these two young fellows but I know that they were excited to be going back to Pakistan/Afghanistan to take part in jihad. I fully expect that both have died in the service of their merciless and false god allah.
- Dr. Jim Garrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment