Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Liberal blacks in Portland, OR, don’t want a Trader Joe’s making their neighborhood more desirable. These same blacks complained that a Trader Joe’s would bring too many white people to the hood.
Do I really need to ask what would happen if a group of whites didn’t want a business that brought lots of black people to their neighborhoods? And those hypothetical white people would have hard, cold statistics on their side.

I’m not saying whites are better than blacks. But wha...t I am saying is given the choice of having my home in a black neighborhood vs a white neighborhood, I choose the white neighborhood. At least if I want to sell my house for a profit.


The chain is continuously praised as one of the highest paying grocers in the world. New employees start out at $10-20/hr., supervisors make $45k-75k/yr. and store managers bring in six-figure salaries. Also, the company makes regular contributions to employee 401k accounts
 
Trader Joe's

No comments:

Post a Comment