Monday, August 4, 2014


Boots on the ground from Israeli Patriot

 

I`m 22 years old, I have an older brother who's a computers and math student and a younger sister who's in the army.

I live in a small town next to Tel Aviv called Kiryat Ono in Israel.

When I was 18 I was recruited to the army like everyone in that age.

I served for three and a half years in an operational position (3 mandatory years and 6 months that I signed extra by choice).

After 9 months of basic training I became a combat soldier and one year after that I became a commander of the basic training. I had 17 soldiers (you can see them in the two pictures. Both of them are from the final part of the basic training)...After I finished it I got back to the regular unit as a professional commander (which means I specialized in a specific part of the unit's job and was in charge of it).

I was released 2 months ago but I've already been in reserve service twice. Once after the three boys were kidnapped and the second time at the start of this operation.

These days I'm studying for my S.a.t and I want to study medicine in Jerusalem in the future.

Life here in Israel and especially in the center is usually quite...since the operation started we had a lot of sirens alarms also here and we had to go to the shelter.

 I have many friends that are now inside Gaza and im very worried for them. 

We are such a small country that I have mutual friends with almost every one of the 53 soldiers who were killed in this operation (after we talked I found out that one of my soldiers best friend died yesterday)

I hope things could be normal and that Hamas would stop harming innocent people from both sides.

I think that we can't stop the operation till all the tunnels are destroyed...imagine living I a place where terrorists are digging under your house, waiting to come out and shoot everybody at sight.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment