Wednesday, June 4, 2014

COALTION of AFRICAN-AMERICAN PASTORS

African-American families have already borne too much
CAAP's newest video looks at how same-sex marriage is an attack on the family

Dear Derrick,

In my last email, I sent an article from a young activist that discussed what our movement must do in order to stay strong, stay relevant, and succeed. One point in particular struck me. He mentioned that we must do a better job of explaining to people why it is so important to... save marriage--and we must especially focus on what's at stake for the future of the family and children.

That stood out to me because it got to the heart of what brought me into the marriage fight to begin with. I've always been dedicated to helping our community rise up, and I began by focusing on education and opportunity. Before long, it became obvious that the harm done to the African-American family through centuries of slavery and oppression required more. So we expanded our mission to take on other threats to our community, including abortion and same-sex marriage. We remain pledged to defend faith and family, and we will continue to do so, no matter what the cost.

Which brings me to CAAP's newest video. Not only does it address how families and children are affected by same-sex marriage, but it also touches on another issue that deserves our outrage: the way in which gay rights advocates try to claim the mantle of the Civil Rights Movement. I knew the Civil Rights Movement. I marched in it, along with our greatest leaders. And the homosexual agenda is no Civil Rights Movement. We did not intimidate and try to silence others. We did not try to dismantle the family. Frankly, the comparison is ludicrous.

I hope you enjoy the video and share it with your friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkljXJ9wcEU&feature=youtu.be

*

The 2014 March for Marriage is right around the corner. There IS a remnant, my friends. A remnant within the black community that realizes this Administration is doing far more for the gay community than the black; and that this massive promotion of homosexuality is harming black society, where fathers are hard to come by in the first place.
 

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment